[tc][all][searchlight ] Retiring the Searchlight project

Akihiro Motoki amotoki at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 12:42:48 UTC 2020

On Thu, Nov 12, 2020 at 7:31 PM Thierry Carrez <thierry at openstack.org> wrote:

> Ghanshyam Mann wrote:
> > Yes, as part of the retirement process all deliverables under the project needs to be removed
> > and before removal we do:
> > 1. Remove all dependencies.
> > 2. Refactor/remove the gate job dependency also.
> > 3. Remove the code from the retiring repo.
>
> I think Thomas's point was that some of those retired deliverables are
> required by non-retired deliverables, like:
>
> - python-qinlingclient being required by mistral-extra
>
> - python-searchlightclient and python-karborclient being required by
> openstackclient and python-openstackclient
>
> We might need to remove those features/dependencies first, which might
> take time...

Yeah, I think so too.

Regarding OSC, python-openstackclient does not depend on
python-searchlightclient.
"openstackclient" is a wrapper project which allows us to install all
OSC plugins along with the main OSC.
We can drop retired OSC plugins from the "openstackclient" requirements.

--
Akihiro Motoki (irc: amotoki)