[cinder] Block Storage API v2 removal

Brian Rosmaita rosmaita.fossdev at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 15:48:49 UTC 2020

The Block Storage API v2 was deprecated in the Pike release by
Change-Id: I913c44799cddc37c3342729ec0ef34068db5b2d4

The Cinder team will be removing it during the Wallaby development cycle.

At the Wallaby PTG, the question came up about Block Storage API v2
support in the python-cinderclient.  We looked at some proposals [0] at
today's Cinder meeting and plan to make a decision at next week's
meeting [1].

If you have strong feelings about this issue, please make them known on
the etherpad [0], the ML, or by attending the next Cinder meeting (1400
UTC in #openstack-meeting-alt on Wednesday 11 November).

[0] https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/python-cinderclient-v2-support-removal
[1] https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/cinder-wallaby-meetings