[cyborg][nova][neutron]Summaries of Smartnic support integration

Lajos Katona katonalala at gmail.com
Fri May 29 07:20:55 UTC 2020

Hi,

Port-resource-request (see:
https://docs.openstack.org/api-ref/network/v2/index.html#port-resource-request
)
is a read-only (and admin-only) field of ports, which is filled
based on the agent heartbeats. So now there is now polling of agents or
similar. Adding extra "overload" to this mechanism, like polling cyborg or
similar
looks something out of the original design for me, not to speak about the
performance issues to add

   - API requests towards cyborg (or anything else) to every port GET
   operation
   - store cyborg related information in neutron db which was fetched from
   cyborg (periodically I suppose) to make neutron able to fill
   port-resource-request.

Regards
Lajos

Sean Mooney <smooney at redhat.com> ezt írta (időpont: 2020. máj. 28., Cs,