[ptg][cyborg][neutron][nova]Smartnic support integration via cyborg neutron and nova? - Cyborg Pre-PTG Meeting

yumeng bao yumeng_bao at yahoo.com
Thu May 21 14:25:35 UTC 2020

Hi,

As agreed on the IRC, tomorrow, we will have a cyborg Pre-PTG Zoom Meeting. Shaohe Feng from Intel will introduce SmartNIC support from the following aspects:
* the cyborg-neutron-nova integration workflow when creating a server with a port of SmartNIC which is managed by cyborg
*what changes needs to be done in nova, neutron to support SmartNIC feature?

Please find the Pre-PTG meeting Link below:
Zoom URL:
https://us04web.zoom.us/j/9575741145?pwd=cVZydHl6blYzTGtNVlU4QU96ZWxiZz09
Meeting ID:957 574 1145
Password:9XhFhK

The reserved meeting time is in total one and a half hours, but divided into three time slots(if time is not enough, we can extend another half hour time slot).
*May 22 Friday 2:30 UTC -3:00 UTC
*May 22 Friday 3:00 UTC -3:30UTC
*May 22 Friday 3:30 UTC -4:00UTC
* *And Please be aware: The three slots use the same URL, same Meeting ID and same Password. This means, when time of the slot is running out,and if you're kicked out of the Zoom, then you will need to login to the same Zoom URL again to join the next time slot. (And there’s also possibility that we don’t need to do the re-login, this depends on the number of people.)

For others interested but not quite familiar with this topic, here’s some background information:

Cyborg, served as a general purpose management framework for acceleration resources, is trying to support various types of accelerators.(FPGA, GPU, SPDK and so on) We continuously got questions from operators if cyborg supports SmartNIC, and this motivated us to support SmartNIC.

Actually, we’ve made a discussion on SmartNIC with neutron team at the Shanghai Summit[1] 2019. We are now planning to continue discussing SmartNICs support integration in the coming Virtual PTG and try to move forward in Victoria Release.

Cyborg will discuss about this topic internally first, and then later discuss with nova and neutron at PTG cross-project session[2][3].

[1] https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/Shanghai-Neutron-Cyborg-xproj
[2] https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/nova-victoria-ptg
[3] https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/cyborg-victoria-goals

Regards,