[all][stable] Moving the stable/ocata to 'Unmaintained' phase and then EOL

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Thu May 28 17:03:03 UTC 2020

Hello Everyone,

Ocata is in the 'Extended Maintenance' phase[1] but its gate is broken and difficult to fix now.

The main issue started for gate is about Tempest and its deps constraint is correctly used on Ocata or not.
We fixed most of those issues when things started failing during py2 drop[2].

But now things are broken due to newer stestr is installed in Ocata jobs[2]. As Sean also mentioned in this
backport[4] that stestr is not constraint in Ocata[5] as it was not in g-r that time so cannot be added in u-c.

Tempest old tag cannot be fixed to have that with cap on the tempest side.

The only option left to unblock the gate is to remove the integration testing from Ocata gate. But it will untested after that
as we cannot say unit testing is enough to mark it tested.  At least from QA perspective, I would not say it is tested
if there is no integration job running there.

Keeping it untested (no integration testing) and saying it is Maintained in the community can be very confusing things.
I think its time to move it to the 'Unmaintained' phase and then EOL. Thought?

[1] https://releases.openstack.org/
[2] https://review.opendev.org/#/q/topic:fix-stable-gate+(status:open+OR+status:merged)
[3] https://zuul.opendev.org/t/openstack/build/e477d0919ff14eea9cd8a6235ea00c3d/log/logs/devstacklog.txt#18575
[4] https://review.opendev.org/#/c/726931/