[tripleo] Deprecating Paunch in Ussuri

Emilien Macchi emilien at redhat.com
Thu May 28 15:29:10 UTC 2020

Hi folks,

Now we released Ussuri, we're looking at retiring Paunch from TripleO.
We'll do it step by step to avoid any CI issue.

First step is to remove it from THT: https://review.opendev.org/#/c/731565

The changes should be fully transparent for our users (deployment, updates,
upgrades) except for the day 2 operations like container lifecycle
management (paunch CLI is being retired).
The new role is documentere here:
https://docs.openstack.org/tripleo-ansible/latest/roles/role-tripleo_container_manage.html

If you have any concern or need any help on that transition, feel free to
ask here, or on #tripleo or even ping me directly.

Thanks,

--
Emilien Macchi