[TripleO][Rdo][Train] Deploy OpenStack using only provisioning network

Ruslanas Gžibovskis ruslanas at lpic.lt
Tue May 12 10:42:38 UTC 2020

Thank you Luke and Harald.

I was following your recommendations and links, and I have managed to do
these modifications to the setup shared by Harald, to adjust to my needs.
https://github.com/qw3r3wq/homelab Have done clone, and have updated my
changes.

I have 2 main issues now:
1) when deploying overcloud, it do not add ssh key to authorized host, and
gets timeout, but I can work with that.
1.solution) while running installation I ssh into it, before ansible
tries... shitty workaround, but should be ok for POC, need to fix it also.
*2) As you see from config files, I use local undercloud as repo for
container images, but it is not able to fetch data from there, as it is
marked as secure, but undercloud configures it as unsecure. Can I somehow
specify to installed, so it would modify
/etc/container(s)/repositories.conf to add undercloud IP and url to
insecure repo list. cause it helps tp fix my issues. but then cannot
proceed as it has part of things up, so I need to do fresh setup, which is
without insecure repos.*
*2.solution) no ideas.*
3) Problem: when setting up undercloud with proxy variables exported, it
adds them into containers, but even I have no_prpoxy which has idrac IP
specified, or range, ironic-conductor sends request to redfish using
proxy...
3.solution) I think solution would be to use undercloud repo
(predownload images) and make undercloud install from it, but when I even
add 'insecure' repos value to $local_ip it drops error [1] trying to
connect to repo....docker.io

Any thoughts?

[1]
Retrying (Retry(total=7, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None,
status=None)) after connection broken by
'NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at
0x7fed502f9e10>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 111]
Connection refused',)': /v2
   raise ConnectionError(e, request=request)
ConnectionError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='registries-1.docker.io',
port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /v2/ (Caused by
NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at
0x7fed50253bd0>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 111]
Connection refused',))

--
Ruslanas Gžibovskis
+370 6030 7030