[TripleO][Rdo][Train] Deploy OpenStack using only provisioning network

Harald Jensås hjensas at redhat.com
Tue May 5 18:16:54 UTC 2020

On Mon, 2020-05-04 at 00:20 +0200, Ruslanas Gžibovskis wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am doing some testing and will do some deployment on some remote
> hosts.
>
> Remote hosts will use provider network only specific for each
> compute.
>
> I was thinking, do I really need all the External, InternalAPI,
> Storage, StorageManagemnt, Tenant networks provided to all of the
> nodes? Maybe I could use a Provision network for all of that, and
> make swift/glance copy on all computes to provide local images.
>
> I understand, if I do not have tenant network, all VM's in same
> project but in different sites, will not see each other, but it is ok
> at the moment.
>
> Thank you for your help

I use tripleo to deploy a single node aio with only 1 network interface
as a lab at home. You can see the configuration here:

 https://github.com/hjensas/homelab/tree/master/overcloud

Basically I use a an empty network data file, and removed
the 'networks' section in my custom role data file.

With no networks defined everything is placed on the 'ctlplane' (i.e
provisioning network). Same thing you are asking for?

I think you can do the same thing. For the provider networks I believe
you will need per-role NeutronBridgeMappings i.e something like:

 ControllerParameters:
   NeutronBridgeMappings: br-ex:provider0
 ComputeSite1:
   NeutronBridgeMappings: br-foo:provider1