[TripleO] External network on compute node

Harald Jensås hjensas at redhat.com
Wed May 6 12:39:59 UTC 2020

On Wed, 2020-05-06 at 14:00 +0430, Reza Bakhshayeshi wrote:
> here is my deploy command:
>
> openstack overcloud deploy \
> --control-flavor control \
> --compute-flavor compute \
> --templates ~/openstack-tripleo-heat-templates \
> -r /home/stack/roles_data.yaml \
> -e /home/stack/containers-prepare-parameter.yaml \
> -e environment.yaml \
> -e /usr/share/openstack-tripleo-heat-
> templates/environments/services/octavia.yaml \

This is not related, but:
Why use '/usr/share/openstack-tripleo-heat-templates/' and not
'~/openstack-tripleo-heat-templates/' here?

> -e ~/openstack-tripleo-heat-templates/environments/services/neutron-
> ovn-dvr-ha.yaml \
> -e ~/openstack-tripleo-heat-templates/environments/docker-ha.yaml \
> -e ~/openstack-tripleo-heat-templates/environments/network-
> isolation.yaml \
> -e ~/openstack-tripleo-heat-templates/environments/network-
> environment.yaml \

Hm, I'm not sure network-isolation.yaml and network-environment.yaml
contains what you expect. Can you do a plan export?

 openstack overcloud plan export --output-file oc-plan.tar.gz overcloud

Then have a look at `environments/network-isolation.yaml` and
`environments/network-environment.yaml` in the plan?

I think you may want to copy these two files out of the templates tree
and use the out of tree copies instead.

--
Harald