Regarding Split network plane for live migration

Md. Hejbul Tawhid MUNNA munnaeebd at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 14:55:17 UTC 2020

Hi,

We are using Openstack Rocky . We are observing internal network is using
while we do live migration. our internal network interface is 1G. So
interface getting full and migration never getting complete.

(nova server-migration-list ) 'Remaining Memory Bytes' increasing and
decreasing but not getting completed.

We have 10G interface for public/external network. I have tried following
solution but no luck. still using internal network

https://specs.openstack.org/openstack/nova-specs/specs/mitaka/implemented/split-network-plane-for-live-migration.html

Some Information:

[DEFAULT]

my_ip = Internal_network_IP

[libvirt]

live_migration_uri=qemu+ssh://nova@%s.external
/system?keyfile=/var/lib/nova/.ssh/id_rsa&no_verify=1

Please let us know if any further information is required.

Please advice us if we can solve the issue.

Regards,
Munna