[nova] feasibility to keep the two-company rule

Balázs Gibizer balazs.gibizer at est.tech
Thu Mar 19 17:23:50 UTC 2020

Hi,

Nova has an unwritten rule that requires to have at least two companies
involved in any new feature development (or even bugfix?). In the
current Nova core diversity situation this rule puts extra burden to
the remaining non Red Hat cores and I guess it also makes any Red Hat
driven feature development harder. In parallel to working on increasing
the size of the core team I suggest to reconsider dropping this rule.

Some discussion happened already on the today's meeting[1].

Cheers,
gibi

[1]
http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/nova/2020/nova.2020-03-19-16.00.log.html#l-90