[nova] US meeting slot

Sean Mooney smooney at redhat.com
Mon Mar 9 14:30:24 UTC 2020

On Mon, 2020-03-09 at 07:10 -0700, Dan Smith wrote:
> > a) Somebody from the US side of the globe volunteers to run the 21:00
> > UTC slot. Please speak up if you would like to run it. I can help you
> > with agenda refresh and technicalities if needed.
> >
> > b) Have only one meeting time, and move that to 16:00 UTC. In this
> > case I will be able to run it most of the weeks.
> >
> > c) Do not have a dedicated meeting slot but switch to office
> > hours. Here we also need to find a time slot. I think 16:00 UTC could
> > work there as well.
>
> I'd prefer 1600 to the 2100 actually, so that's fine with me. During DST
> I can make 1400, but no earlier. The 2100 meeting isn't very convenient
> for me, and very few people show up to it anymore anyway. I'd say it's
> not worth keeping that spot regardless.
>
> For a while now, I've felt that the meeting is unnecessary and overly
> repetitive. For that reason, I'd definitely be in favor of moving to
> office hours entirely (or as much as possible), although it sounds like
> most people aren't.
maybe we could try alternating. so like we alternate the time now alternate between
office hours and meeting. every other week. that said im not that pushed either way.
i do think the status updates are useful but that is most because if the updates were sent
as emails i would just ignore them and since they are done the meeting when i attend i actually
learn something.