[sdk][congress][octavia][designate][magnum][senlin][swift] Adding project-specific cores to SDK

Monty Taylor mordred at inaugust.com
Fri Mar 6 15:12:18 UTC 2020

> On Mar 6, 2020, at 1:31 AM, Slawek Kaplonski <skaplons at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I’m fine with adding those new people to the core team. As Monty said, I’m not doing too many reviews in sdk project but I’m trying to always check neutron related changes and I think that having such expert for other projects would be good too.
>
>> On 6 Mar 2020, at 04:40, Eric Fried <openstack at fried.cc> wrote:
>>
>> Any chance of reusing the “PTL ack” bot that has recently appeared in the releases repo? But as a “SME ack” that would recognize anyone from $project’s core team? (How does the releases bot know which project the patch is for? Might have to be a bit fuzzy on that logic for SDK/OSC.)
>
> That also seems like potential solution but as changes in this repo are a bit differently then in e.g. releases repo how bot will exactly know which PTL should approve the patch? It may be much harder to do here than in releases repo, no

I agree with Slawek - I like this idea but I think it *is* a harder one to accomplish. Also, sometimes patches are straightforward enough that we don’t really need a service-specific ack from … especially when the service has good and clear API documentation.

I think I’m leaning towards liking Michael’s suggestion a bit better as a next step - having the teams suggest a person, liaison-style - mostly because it’s easy.

But for now, even with that - and even with my flub of completely blanking on Michael, let’s see how playing it by ear goes before we add more process.