[all][tc] Moving PTL role to "Maintainers"

Rico Lin rico.lin.guanyu at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 02:29:42 UTC 2020

On Thu, Mar 5, 2020 at 8:59 AM Ghanshyam Mann <gmann at ghanshyammann.com>
wrote:

> Another idea I think about co-PTLship. I remember in previous or this
> cycle few projects want to have the co-PTL concept. Means officially have
> more than PTL. To solve the single point of contact issue we can have
> single PTL contact and other co-PTL distribute the responsibility for
that cycle.

IMO that's a good idea for sure, and that's how the Telemetry team is doing
right now (two co-PTLs)

But from my part, PTL is really not that huge needed for leadership but a
lot of maintaining works.
This makes me tend to agree that `Maintainers` is the right word (along
with other nice choices).
In the long term, merge `core team` into the `Maintainers`? :)

And to specifically define, I don't think this change means the project is
under maintenance mode.
Features should still welcome to innovate each project we have.
And we should specifically mention that to avoid any confusion people might
have here.

--
May The Force of OpenStack Be With You,
Rico Lin