[qa][cinder][devstack] proposed governance changes for some devstack plugins

Brian Rosmaita rosmaita.fossdev at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 19:53:00 UTC 2020

Hello QA team and devstack-plugin-ceph-core people,

The Cinder team has some proposals we'd like to float.

1. The Cinder team is interested in becoming more active in the
maintenance of openstack/devstack-plugin-ceph [0].  Currently, the
devstack-plugin-ceph-core is
https://review.opendev.org/#/admin/groups/1196,members
The cinder-core is already represented by Eric and Sean; we'd like to
replace them by including the cinder-core group.

2. The Cinder team is interested in becoming more active in the
maintenance of x/devstack-plugin-nfs [1].  Currently, the
devstack-plugin-nfs-core is
https://review.opendev.org/#/admin/groups/1330,members
It's already 75% cinder-core members; we'd like to replace the
individual members with the cinder-core group.  We also propose that
devstack-core be added as an included group.

3. The Cinder team is interested in implementing a new devstack plugin:
     openstack/devstack-plugin-open-cas
This will enable thorough testing of a new feature [2] being introduced
as experimental in Ussuri and expected to be finalized in Victoria.  Our
plan would be to make both cinder-core and devstack-core included groups
for the gerrit group governing the new plugin.

4. This is a minor point, but can the devstack-plugin-nfs repo be moved
back into the 'openstack' namespace?

Let us know which of these proposals you find acceptable.

[0] https://opendev.org/openstack/devstack-plugin-ceph
[1] https://opendev.org/x/devstack-plugin-nfs
[2] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/cinder/+spec/support-volume-local-cache