[horizon] patternfly?

Mohammed Naser mnaser at vexxhost.com
Thu Jun 25 20:24:49 UTC 2020

This has been a really interesting discussion but it seems like we
might be hitting a few things

1. Distributions are happy in the way that Horizon is deployed today
2. Distributions don't want to have a front-end JS based thingamajig
3. Users, operators and deployers want to improve the UI experience of Horizon
4. There is so much _historic_ stuff stuffed into Horizon that
rewriting something from scratch is easier than refactoring Horizon
5. The path to improving UI inside OpenStack is "starting from scratch".

>From my side, I think for the future of OpenStack, simplicity of our
users and our operators that are involved here, it's time for a
rewrite.  I feel like Adrian is probably supportive of this too.  I
think it's too late to "cleanup" and the progress we can make by
iterating on new technologies can get us there way quicker.