[all][qa][gate] Gate Status: week 20-25

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Tue Jun 23 03:54:14 UTC 2020

 ---- On Sun, 21 Jun 2020 20:30:16 -0500 Ghanshyam Mann <gmann at ghanshyammann.com> wrote ----
 > Hello Everyone,
 >
 > I am highlighting the few of the gate issues we fixed or in-progress last week
 >
 > 1.  uwsgi bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/devstack/+bug/1883468: Fixed till stable/stein
 >
 > Updates - http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2020-June/015558.html
 >
 > 2. neutron-greande-multinode failure: In-progress
 >
 > greande base zuulv3 jobs are backported till train[1] which will be required to backport
 > neutron-greande-multinode zuulv3 version. Ussuri backports are not yet merged which need
 > more fixes on neutron CI[2]. Please wait for that backport to merge before recheck.
 >
 > 3. 'tox not found': https://bugs.launchpad.net/devstack/+bug/1884256: Fixed for known failure.
 >
 > This also started happening in many jobs. neutron and python-temepstconf jobs. devstack base
 > integration jobs do not install tox (devstack functional base jobs does). If your job is derived from
 > devstack integration base jobs and run test via tox env then you may need this to fix.
 > NOTE: tempest jobs are all good as devstack's install_tempest() method do install tox for tempest tests run.
 >
 > Fix- https://review.opendev.org/#/c/737016/1
 >
 > 4. 'virtualenv not found':
 > If this is happening on zuulv3 jobs then please refer the Ian's email[3]. if that is happening
 > on legacy jobs then the recommendation is to migrate the jobs to zuulv3 like done for
 > neutron-greande-multinode job.
 >
 > We are facing this issue on nova grenade as well as nova live migration jobs(legacy multinode jobs),
 > there are multiple updates happened on devstack, grenade and image side, so I have reached the nova
 > stable branch patches let's see what all still failing.

To unblock the nova and other legacy jobs on stable branches, I am proposing to add ensure-virutalenv role
in legacy-dsvm-base-multinode job. The issue is happening on multinode job where neither devstack-gate nor devstack
install the virtualenv for py2 jobs.

- https://review.opendev.org/#/c/737384/

Tested on stable/stein and stable/train gate:
- https://review.opendev.org/#/c/737332/
- https://review.opendev.org/#/c/737400/

Wait for recheck till 737384 is merged.

-gmann