[all][qa][gate] Gate Status: week 20-25

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Mon Jun 22 01:30:16 UTC 2020

Hello Everyone,

I am highlighting the few of the gate issues we fixed or in-progress last week

1.  uwsgi bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/devstack/+bug/1883468: Fixed till stable/stein

Updates - http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2020-June/015558.html

2. neutron-greande-multinode failure: In-progress

greande base zuulv3 jobs are backported till train[1] which will be required to backport
neutron-greande-multinode zuulv3 version. Ussuri backports are not yet merged which need
more fixes on neutron CI[2]. Please wait for that backport to merge before recheck.

3. 'tox not found': https://bugs.launchpad.net/devstack/+bug/1884256: Fixed for known failure.

This also started happening in many jobs. neutron and python-temepstconf jobs. devstack base
integration jobs do not install tox (devstack functional base jobs does). If your job is derived from
devstack integration base jobs and run test via tox env then you may need this to fix.
NOTE: tempest jobs are all good as devstack's install_tempest() method do install tox for tempest tests run.

Fix- https://review.opendev.org/#/c/737016/1

4. 'virtualenv not found':
If this is happening on zuulv3 jobs then please refer the Ian's email[3]. if that is happening
on legacy jobs then the recommendation is to migrate the jobs to zuulv3 like done for
neutron-greande-multinode job.

We are facing this issue on nova grenade as well as nova live migration jobs(legacy multinode jobs),
there are multiple updates happened on devstack, grenade and image side, so I have reached the nova
stable branch patches let's see what all still failing.

5. tempest sanity job failure for 'virualenv not found': Fixed
The fix is merged and you can recheck your Tempest patches.
Fixed: https://review.opendev.org/#/c/736952/5

6. To fixes all the all failure happening on EM stables, first step we are trying is to move the process-stackviz role
from tempest to devstack so that we can apply the fixes for those stable in that role. If it stays
in Tempest then fixes cannot be applied to old Tempest used for EM stable testing. More details in these patches[4]

[1] https://review.opendev.org/#/q/topic:fix-grenade-multinode-train+(status:open+OR+status:merged)+projects:openstack/grenade
[2] https://review.opendev.org/#/c/735948/
[3] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2020-June/015425.html
[4] https://review.opendev.org/#/q/topic:move-stackviz-role+(status:open+OR+status:merged)