horizon: Trailing spaces removed on passwords

Orestes Leal Rodríguez olealrd1981 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 28 18:24:02 UTC 2020

>From the dashboard openstack is removing the trailing spaces from our
user's passwords.
We have a modified sql.py backend, that does an ldap bind to an active
directory data store. And that works almost always. I say almost
because for some users it doesn't work at all. We figure out (and a
co-worker also confirmed this) that openstack is removing trailing
(also leading?) spaces from the password entered in the dashboard.
Also, inside the dashboard trailing spaces are not accepted even when
they are equal byte by byte (including the space, I get an error). So
this is going on.

Do anybody knows where is this removal performed? (python script
location, line) So I can remove that since I have users (me included,
I have the issue since the very beginning of this deployment) that
cannot login. And they can use their Active Directrory passwords from
other apps without problem.

We are running 'stein' with the latest update for ubuntu 18.04-AMD64.