[security] Security SIG Newsletter - Feb 2020

Gage Hugo gagehugo at gmail.com
Fri Feb 28 16:09:58 UTC 2020

#Month Feb 2020

   - Security SIG Meeting Info:
   http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/#Security_SIG_meeting

   - Weekly on Thursday at 1500 UTC in #openstack-meeting

   - Agenda: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/security-agenda

   - https://security.openstack.org/

   - https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Security-SIG

#Updates

   - The Security SIG has recently updated the reporting guidelines for
   private security bugs to now have a max timeframe of 90 days for
   embargos (excluding unusual circumstances).  We have begun marking all
   existing private bugs to go public after 90 days from the date that it was
   updated.
   -

   - The Security SIG has reached out about obtaining a room/timeslot for
   the Vancouver PTG. We will be requesting a spot, likely just a shorter
   timeslot due to a small amount of given interest.  However we should be
   able to have time to discuss any topics brought forward.

     The first OSSA of the year was released this month, for more details
check out the link below.

#VMT Reports

   - A full list of publicly marked security issues can be found here:
   https://bugs.launchpad.net/ossa/

   - OSSA-2020-001 was released:
   https://security.openstack.org/ossa/OSSA-2020-001.html