[largescale-sig] Meeting summary and next actions

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Wed Feb 12 14:52:30 UTC 2020

Hi everyone,

The Large Scale SIG held a meeting today. We had a small attendance, and
blame holidays for that. But you can catch up with the summary and logs
of the meeting at:

http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/large_scale_sig/2020/large_scale_sig.2020-02-12-09.00.html

We started with a presentation by oneswig of the integration of HAProxy
telemetry via Monasca on a Kolla-Ansible-based deployment, and how that
can help us derive latency information based on the API server called,
the HTTP method and the HTTP code result across all HAProxy-fronted
servers in a deployment. Slides are available at:

http://www.stackhpc.com/resources/HAproxy-telemetry.pdf

Regarding progress on our "Documenting large scale operations" goal,
some doc links were proposed and all seem relevant to our collection.

On the "Scaling within one cluster, and instrumentation of the
bottlenecks" goal, the draft of the oslo.metrics spec got a first round
of comments. masahito will refresh it based on those initial comments,
but it would be good for SIG members to also weigh in at that early stage.

In other news, we discussed the SIG's involvement in the "Large-scale
Usage of Open Source Infrastructure Software" track at the OpenDev event
in Vancouver in June. We plan to have SIG members directly involved and
have discussions around our two goals for 2020.

TODOs between now and next meeting:
- masahito to update spec based on initial feedback
- everyone to review and comment on https://review.opendev.org/#/c/704733/

The next meeting will happen on February 26, at 9:00 UTC on
#openstack-meeting.

Cheers,

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)