[cinder][nova] volume-local-cache proposal cross-project meeting

Brian Rosmaita rosmaita.fossdev at gmail.com
Fri Feb 7 02:40:02 UTC 2020

Liang Fang's volume-local-cache spec has gotten stuck because the Cinder
team doesn't want to approve something that won't get approved on the
Nova side and vice-versa.

We discussed the spec at this week's Cinder meeting and there's
sufficient interest to continue with it.  In order to keep things moving
along, we'd like to have a cross-project video conference next week
instead of waiting for the PTG.

I think we can get everything covered in a half-hour.  I've put together
a doodle poll to find a reasonable day and time:
   https://doodle.com/poll/w8ttitucgyqwe5yc

Please take the poll before 17:00 UTC on Saturday 8 February.  I'll send
out an announcement shortly after that letting you know what time's been
selected.

I'll send out connection info once the meeting's been set.  The meeting
will be recorded and interested parties who can't make it can always
leave notes on the discussion etherpad.

Info:
- cinder spec: https://review.opendev.org/#/c/684556/
- nova spec: https://review.opendev.org/#/c/689070/