[cinder] anyone using Software Factory for third-party CI?

Tristan Cacqueray tdecacqu at redhat.com
Wed Feb 5 14:27:28 UTC 2020

On Wed, Feb 05, 2020 at 11:42 Sean Mooney wrote:
> On Wed, 2020-02-05 at 09:26 +0000, 野村和正 / NOMURA,KAZUMASA wrote:
>> Hi Wespark,
>>
>> I have started to take a look Software Factory from last week. I'm just getting started and trying to run sfconfig.
>> If I got a beneficial information during building Software Factory, I let community members know.
> downstream at redhat we are starting to use software factory in the compute team for our internal ci.
> software factory is just a packaged version of zuul so haveing used zuul to do third party ci in the past i
> think it will be a good way of doing third party ci. that said zuul is also easy to deploy form source so
> its really a personaly choice if you deploy software factory or zuul nativivly. zuul is an excllent ci/gating system
> for both 1st and 3rd party ci.

Please note that Software Factory is not just a packaged version of
Zuul. It also integrates extra components such as Grafana for the
monitoring and Logstash for indexing builds.

We find that installing from source and configuring by hand all the
services needed to operate a third party ci can be complicated.
Thus Software Factory also provides a configuration playbook to deploy
and configure all the services together in just a few commands.

Regards,
-Tristan