[goals][Drop Python 2.7 Support] Week R-15 2nd Update (# 2 weeks left to complete)
gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Sun Feb 2 00:36:58 UTC 2020
Below is the progress on "Drop Python 2.7 Support" at end of R-15 week.
* 2 weeks left to finish the work.
* QA tooling:
** Tempest is dropping py3.5. Tempest plugins can drop py3.5 now if they still support it.
** Updating tox with basepython python3 .
** Pining stable/rocky testing with 23.0.0.
** Updating neutron-tempest-plugins rocky jobs to run with py3 on master and py2 on stable/rocky gate.
** Ironic-tempest-plugin jobs are failing on uploading image on glance. Debugging in progress.
* zipp failure fix on py3.5 job is merged.
* 5 services listed below still not merged the patches, I request PTLs to review it on priority.
Project wise status and need reviews:
The OpenStack services have not merged the py2 drop patches:
NOTE: This was supposed to be completed by milestone-1 (Dec 13th, 19).
This is ongoing work and I think most of the repo have patches up to review.
Try to review them on priority. If any query and I missed to respond on review, feel free to ping me
* Most of the tempest plugins and python client patches are good to merge.
* Open review: https://review.opendev.org/#/q/topic:drop-py27-support+status:open
How you can help:
- Review the patches. Push the patches if I missed any repo.
More information about the openstack-discuss