[tc] weekly meeting summary

Mohammed Naser mnaser at vexxhost.com
Wed Dec 23 14:28:51 UTC 2020

Hi everyone,

Here's a summary of what happened in our TC weekly meeting last
Thursday, Dec 17th.

# ATTENDEES (LINES SAID)
1. mnaser (82)
2. gmann (46)
3. diablo_rojo (25)
4. jungleboyj (18)
5. fungi (10)
6. belmoreira (6)
7. ricolin (4)

# MEETING SUMMARY
1. Rollcall

2. Skipping the next meetings.
Due to the upcoming holidays, we are skipping the next two meetings on
Dec 24 and Dec 31st. Mnaser to send an email with details.

3. Follow up on past action items
- mnaser send email to ML to find volunteers to help drive goal
selection: email sent, and no one strongly opposed. mnaser will write
a proposed goal for X about stabilization/cooldown.
- gmann complete retirement of searchlight & qinling: DONE
- diablo_rojo complete retirement of karbor: In progress, getting there.

4. Audit SIG list and chairs (diablo_rojo)
- This list is out of date and a lot of chairs are not active anymore.
If any SIG has completed their purpose then we move them to an
advisory state, otherwise close. diablo_rojo reach out to SIGs/ML and
start auditing states of SIGs

5. Annual report suggestions (diablo_rojo)
- mnaser and diablo_rojo are working on the annual report for
OpenStack, ideas are welcome. Once it's mostly written a draft will be
sent out before submitting it.

6. X cycle goal selection start
This item has to go with the action item above regarding the
stabilization goal proposal. We'll remove this item from the agenda.

7. Audit and clean-up tags (gmann)
- http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2020-December/019505.html
gmann started ML on API tag and will see how many projects start and
will continue on other tag audits in parallel. We'll remove sub-items
in there in the meantime. gmann continue to audit tags + outreach to
the community to apply for them

8. X cycle release name vote recording (gmann)
- Votes are recorded in ML, mnaser will remove X cycle release name
vote recording from the agenda.

9. CentOS 8 releases are discontinued / switch to CentOS 8 Stream
(gmann/yoctozepto)
- We have an action item to get the community to get together and the
QA team is doing the right thing. We'll remove centos 8 topic from the
upcoming agenda.

10. Open reviews
- https://review.opendev.org/q/projects:openstack/governance+is:open
- https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/governance/+/759904
- https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/governance/+/759904/7/resolutions/20201028-openstackclient-tc-policy.rst#11

# ACTION ITEMS
- mnaser send out email about skipping both upcoming meetings
- mnaser write a proposed goal for X about stabilization/cooldown
- diablo_rojo complete retirement of karbor
- diablo_rojo reach out to SIGs/ML and start auditing states of SIGs
- mnaser drop X cycle goal selection start from agenda
- gmann continue to audit tags + outreach to the community to apply for them
- mnaser drop X cycle release name vote recording
- mnaser remove centos 8 topic from upcoming agenda

To read the full logs of the meeting, please refer to
http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/tc/2020/tc.2020-12-17-15.00.log.html

--
Mohammed Naser
VEXXHOST, Inc.