[stable][requirements][neutron] Capping pip in stable branches or not

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Fri Dec 11 23:12:36 UTC 2020

On 2020-12-11 20:38:30 +0000 (+0000), Sorin Sbarnea wrote:
[...]
> Regarding decoupling linting from test-requirements: yes! This was
> already done by some when conflicts appeared. For old branches I
> personally do not care much even if maintainers decide to disable
> linting, their main benefit is on main branches.
[...]

To be honest, if I had my way, test-requirements.txt files would die
in a fire. Sure it's a little more work to be specific about the
individual requirements for each of your testenvs in tox.ini, but
the payoff is that people aren't needlessly installing bandit when
they run flake8 (for example). The thing we got into the PTI about
using a separate doc/requirements.txt is a nice compromise in that
direction, at least.
--
Jeremy Stanley