New Openstack Deployment questions

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Fri Dec 11 14:04:21 UTC 2020

On 12/10/20 2:46 PM, Thomas Wakefield wrote:
> OpenStack deployment questions:
>

> If you were starting a new deployment of OpenStack today what OS would
> you use, and what tools would you use for deployment?  We were thinking
> CentOS with Kayobe, but then CentOS changed their support plans, and I
> am hesitant to start a new project with CentOS.  We do have access to
> RHEL licensing so that might be an option.  We have also looked at
> OpenStack-Ansible for deployment.  Thoughts?
>

> Thanks in advance.  -Tom

I would recommend reading Jonathan Carter (our super cool Debian Project
Leader), blog entry about what's happening with CentOS:

https://jonathancarter.org/2020/12/10/centos-stream-or-debian/

I agree with all of what he wrote. All of it from beginning to end. and
that's why I've been using and contributing to Debian, and advocating
that OpenStack users and operators move to it.

No, neither Red Hat or Canonical have "your best interests in mind", and
they "ultimately supports [their] selfish eco-system" and own corporate
greedy interests, to quote Jonathan.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)