[Heat] Reg Creation of resource based on another resource attribute value

Zane Bitter zbitter at redhat.com
Fri Aug 28 01:39:53 UTC 2020

On 27/08/20 7:09 am, NANTHINI A A wrote:
> Hi Team ,
>
>      I want to create the openstack subnet resource based on the
> openstack network resource’s attribute STATUS value.
>
>     i.e Create neutron subnet only when the neutron network status is
> ACTIVE .
>
>     I can see currently the support of get_Attr function is not there in
> conditions section .

Correct, and that's because they're evaluated at different times. When
you create (or update) the stack Heat decides immediately which
resources are enabled. But the attribute values are not known until
after that resource is created.

> Also the depends_on function accepts input as
> resource ids only .I cant pass a condition there .

I believe you can depend on a resource that is conditionally disabled
without causing an error.

>     Is there any other way to implement the same .Please suggest .

There isn't.

cheers,
Zane.