[simplification] Making ask.openstack.org read-only

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Wed Aug 19 14:52:17 UTC 2020

 ---- On Tue, 18 Aug 2020 19:35:05 -0500 Michael Johnson <johnsomor at gmail.com> wrote ----
 > Yes! ask.openstack.org is no fun to attempt to be helpful on (see
 > e-mail notification issues, etc.).

+1 on making it RO and redirect users to StackOverflow or ML(fast response)..

 > I would like to ask that we put together some sort of guide and/or
 > guidence for how to use stack overflow efficiently for OpenStack
 > questions. I.e. some well known or defined tags that we recommend
 > people use when asking questions. This would be similar to the tags we
 > use for the openstack discuss list.
 >
 > I see that there is already a trend for "openstack-nova"
 > "openstack-horizon", etc. This works for me.

In FC SIG, we check a set of tags for new contributors in ask.o.o [1] which we can switch to do in StackOverflow.
Similarly, we can start monitoring the popular tags for project/area-specific.

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/First_Contact_SIG#Biweekly_Homework

-gmann