[all] Proposed Wallaby cycle schedule

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Fri Aug 7 19:56:38 UTC 2020

Hey everyone,

The Victoria cycle is going by fast, and it's already time to start
planning some of the early things for the Wallaby release. One of the
first steps for that is actually deciding on the release schedule.

Typically we have done this based on when the next Summit event was
planned to take place. Due to several reasons, we don't have a date yet
for the first 2021 event.

The current thinking is it will likely take place in May (nothing is
set, just an educated guess, so please don't use that for any other
planning). So for the sake of figuring out the release schedule, we are
targeting a release date in early May. Hopefully this will then align
well with event plans.

I have a proposed release schedule up for review here:

https://review.opendev.org/#/c/744729/

For ease of viewing (until the job logs are garbage collected), you can
see the rendered schedule here:

https://0e6b8aeca433e85b429b-46fd243db6dc394538bd0555f339eba5.ssl.cf1.rackcdn.com/744729/3/check/openstack-tox-docs/4f76901/docs/wallaby/schedule.html

There are always outside conflicts, but I think this has aligned mostly
well with major holidays. But please feel free to comment on the patch
if you see any major issues that we may have not considered.

Thanks!

Sean