[TC] New Office Hour Plans

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Fri Aug 7 13:33:18 UTC 2020

 ---- On Thu, 06 Aug 2020 19:00:13 -0500 Kendall Nelson <kennelson11 at gmail.com> wrote ----
 > Hello!
 > After taking a look at the poll results, Mohammed and I have two proposed plans for office hours:
 > Plan A: Two office hours instead of three. This gives us slightly more coverage than one office hour without overextending ourselves to cover three office hours. Mohammed and I were thinking that one of the reasons why three office hours wasn't working was that it was kind of a big time commitment and TC members could easily rationalize not going to ones later in the week if they had already attended one earlier in the week. The two times that enable most TC members to attend at least one, if not both, would be Monday @14:00 UTC (TC members available: Belmiro, Rico, Kristi, Jay, Mohammed, myself, and Nate + non members) and Wednesday @ 15:00 UTC (TC members available: Rico, Kristi, Jay, Mohammed, myself, Ghanshyam, and Nate + non members).
 > Plan B: Move to a single office hour on Wednesday @ 15:00 UTC (TC members available: Rico, Kristi, Jay, Mohammed, myself, Ghanshyam, and Nate + non members). Having only one office hour gives it more weight and importance and that should hopefully encourage more attendance from both community members and TC members alike.

Thanks Kendal for following up on office hours plan.

The idea of having multiple office hours was to cover TC availability across different TZ. Even Asia TZ office
hours might not have many TC members available but still, someone to address/ack the issues and bring it to
TC when most of the members are available. There was no expectation for all TC members to be present in all
three office hours so all office hours being inactive might be due to some other reason not due to *many office hours*.

Thursday office hour was most TC available one which is not the case anymore.

I MO, we should consider the 'covering most of TZ (as much we can) for TC-availability' so in first option we can move
either of the office hour in different TZ.

I still in favor of moving to weekly TC meeting (in alternate TZ or so) than office hours but I am ok to give office hours a
another try with new time.

-gmann