[TC] New Office Hour Plans

Kendall Nelson kennelson11 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 00:00:13 UTC 2020

Hello!

After taking a look at the poll results, Mohammed and I have two proposed
plans for office hours:

Plan A: Two office hours instead of three. This gives us slightly more
coverage than one office hour without overextending ourselves to cover
three office hours. Mohammed and I were thinking that one of the reasons
why three office hours wasn't working was that it was kind of a big time
commitment and TC members could easily rationalize not going to ones later
in the week if they had already attended one earlier in the week. The two
times that enable most TC members to attend at least one, if not both,
would be Monday @14:00 UTC (TC members available: Belmiro, Rico, Kristi,
Jay, Mohammed, myself, and Nate + non members) and Wednesday @ 15:00 UTC
(TC members available: Rico, Kristi, Jay, Mohammed, myself, Ghanshyam, and
Nate + non members).

Plan B: Move to a single office hour on Wednesday @ 15:00 UTC (TC members
available: Rico, Kristi, Jay, Mohammed, myself, Ghanshyam, and Nate + non
members). Having only one office hour gives it more weight and importance
and that should hopefully encourage more attendance from both community
members and TC members alike.

I guess Plan C is to go ahead with Plan A and then if we don't see
activity during the Monday time slot, to reduce down to one office hour and
go with Plan B.

Please check out the patches Mohammed posted [1][2] and vote on what you'd
prefer!

-Kendall (diablo_rojo)

[1] Dual Office Hour: https://review.opendev.org/#/c/745201/
[2] Single Office Hour: https://review.opendev.org/#/c/745200/