[tripleo] Deploy overcloud without provisioning

Rabi Mishra ramishra at redhat.com
Thu Aug 6 07:51:53 UTC 2020

On Thu, Aug 6, 2020 at 1:07 PM Marco Marino <marino.mrc at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm trying to deploy an overcloud using tripleo with pre provisioned
> nodes. My configuration is quite simple:
> - 1 controller and 1 compute nodes on which I already installed CentOS 8.2
> - Both nodes have a dedicated idrac interface with an ip in
> 192.168.199.0/24. Please note that this interface is not visible with "ip
> a" or "ifconfig". It's a dedicated IDRAC interface
> - Both nodes have a NIC configured in the subnet 192.168.199.0/24
> (192.168.199.200 and 192.168.199.201)
> - Undercloud uses 192.168.199.0/24 as pxe/provisioning network (but I
> don't need provisioning)
>
> Question: should I import nodes with "openstack overcloud node import
> nodes.yaml" even if I don't need the provisioning step?
>
> Furthermore, on the undercloud I created one file:
> /home/stack/templates/node-info.yaml with the following content
>
> parameter_defaults:
>   OvercloudControllerFlavor: control
>   OvercloudComputeFlavor: compute
>   ControllerCount: 1
>   ComputeCount: 1

Question: How can I specify that "node X with ip Y should be used as a
> controller and node Z with ip K should be used as a compute"??

With pre-provisioned nodes (DeployedServer), you would need to specify
HostnameMap and DeployedServerPortMap parameters that would map the
pre-provisioned hosts and ctlplane ips.

Please check documentation[1] for more details.

[1]
https://docs.openstack.org/project-deploy-guide/tripleo-docs/latest/features/deployed_server.html#deployed-server-with-config-download

--
Regards,