[goals][Drop Python 2.7 Support] Week R-3 Update

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Sun Apr 26 01:02:33 UTC 2020

Hello Everyone,

Below is the progress on "Drop Python 2.7 Support" at end of R-3 week.

Schedule: https://governance.openstack.org/tc/goals/selected/ussuri/drop-py27.html#schedule

Highlights:
========
* Storlets is also keeping py2.7 support. py2.7 drop patches are reverted.
* Aduit is finished and missing repos patches are also proposed.
* Requesting projects listed below to merge the open patches asap.

Project not completed the py2.7 drop:
============================

* adjutant-ui: https://review.opendev.org/#/c/714636/

* pythonclient:
** python-barbicanclient: https://review.opendev.org/#/c/699096/
*** gate is already broken. The last patch merged in this repo was 6 months ago so I am not sure it is maintained or not.

** python-zaqarclient: https://review.opendev.org/#/c/692011/
*** This also the same story, not maintained and job is broken already.

** python-adjutantclient https://review.opendev.org/#/c/723128/

* Deployment projects:
*** Openstack Charms - Most of them merged, few failing on func job.
*** Openstackansible - Centos7 jobs are failing on a few projects.
*** Openstack-Helm - No conclusion yet on what else to do from Helm team.
*** TripleO: Below repo are found to drop py2.7 during audit
**** paunch: https://review.opendev.org/#/c/700560/
**** https://review.opendev.org/#/c/723125/
**** https://review.opendev.org/#/c/723126/
**** https://review.opendev.org/#/c/723127/

* Open review: https://review.opendev.org/#/q/topic:drop-py27-support+status:open

Phase-3 status:
I did the audit and found a few repos were missed. I have proposed the patches for those (listed above). All other projects have complete the work.
I will discuss with the requirement team is anything needs to be done on the requirement side. I feel we should keep going with py2.7 cap in u-c.

-gmann