[tc][election] campaign discussion: how TC can solve the less contributor issue?

Rico Lin rico.lin.guanyu at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 16:37:17 UTC 2020

On Sun, Apr 5, 2020 at 9:13 AM Ghanshyam Mann <gmann at ghanshyammann.com>
wrote:

> What do you think about what role TC can play to solve this? What
platform or entity can be used by TC to
> raise this issue? or any new crazy Idea?

I take the `make OpenStack easier to install` and `more integration with
Kubernetes` the best answer I can think of.
To `containerized` is the phase I plan to use here.
I know we have a lot of services that can move to container but not as
friendly to container as we think it is.
We should at least build and test on container as possible as we can.
With this, we might be able to reuse some pre-build container and
save significant installation time.

I think it's also a huge missing pice that we didn't allow users to have
more proper
`interactive tutorial` to directly type in commands or try on the horizon
like try stack.
If we can't really have time to resolve that part.
Maybe we should start to think a `one command` installed environment so
the user can
try on for the first time and without learning huge knowledge base to write
devstack script.
Like `openstack install`? :)

--
May The Force of OpenStack Be With You,