[ironic][release] List cycle-with-intermediary deliverables that have not been released yet

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Mon Apr 6 15:43:33 UTC 2020

> Thanks for the detailed response Sean. I don't have an issue with the
> cycle model - Ironic is still tied to the cyclical release model. The
> part that I disagree with is the requirement to create an intermediary
> release. It shouldn't be a problem if bifrost doesn't make a feature
> release between Train and Ussuri, we'll just do a final Ussuri
> release. It's the intermediary I'd like to be optional, rather than
> the final cycle release.

I would suggest switching these to cycle-with-rc then. There is one
release candidate that has to happen just before the final release for
the cycle, but that's mainly to make sure everything is in good shape
before we declare it done. That sounds like it might fit better with
what the team wants to do here.