[ops][nova] Different quotas for different SLAs ?

Massimo Sgaravatto massimo.sgaravatto at gmail.com
Tue Oct 29 14:54:07 UTC 2019

Dear all

I would like to set different overcommitments factors for the compute
nodes. In particular I would like to use some compute nodes without
overcommitments, and some compute nodes with a cpu_allocation_ratio equals
to 2.0.

To decide if an instance should go to a compute node with or without
overcommitment is easy; e.g. it could be done with host aggregates +
setting metadata to the relevant flavors/images.

But is it in some  way possible to decide that a certain project has a
quota of  x VCPUs without overcommitment, and y VCPUs with overcommitments ?

Or the only option is using 2 different projects for the 2 different SLAs
(which is something that I would like to avoid) ?

Thanks, Massimo