[tc][all] Ussuri community goal candidate 1: 'Project Specific New Contributor & PTL Docs'

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Tue Oct 22 15:13:38 UTC 2019

Hello Everyone,

We are starting the next step for the Ussuri Cycle Community Goals. We have four candidates till now as proposed in
etherpad[1].

The first candidate is "Project Specific New Contributor & PTL Docs".  Kendall (diablo_rojo) volunteered to lead this goal
as Champion.  Thanks to her for stepping up for this job.

This idea was brought up during Train cycle goal discussions also[2]. The idea here is to have a consistent and mandatory
contributors guide in each project which will help new contributors to get onboard in upstream activities.
Also, create PTL duties guide on the project's side. Few projects might have the PTL duties documented and making it
consistent and for all projects is something easy for transferring the knowledge.
Kendall can put up more details and highlights based on queries.

We would like to open this idea to get wider feedback from the community and projects team before we start defining
the goal in Gerrit. What do you think of this as a community goal? Any query or Improvement Feedback?

[1] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/PVG-u-series-goals
[2] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/BER-t-series-goals

-gmann & diablo_rojo