[ptl][release] Re: [stable][EM] Extended Maintenance - Queens

Goutham Pacha Ravi gouthampravi at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 15:13:17 UTC 2019

On Thu, Oct 17, 2019 at 1:37 PM Sean McGinnis <sean.mcginnis at gmx.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 16, 2019 at 05:44:31PM +0000, Elõd Illés wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > As it was agreed during PTG, the planned date of Extended Maintenance
> > transition of Queens is around two weeks after Train release (a less
> > busy period) [1]. Now that Train is released, it is a good opportunity
> > for teams to go through the list of open and unreleased changes in
> > Queens [2] and schedule a final release for Queens if needed. Feel free
> > to use / edit / modify the lists (I've generated the lists for
> > repositories which have 'follows-policy' tag). I hope this helps.
> >
> > [1] https://releases.openstack.org/
> > [2] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/queens-final-release-before-em
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Előd
> >

> Trying to amplify this.
>
> The date for Queens to transition to Extended Maintenance is next week. Late in
> the week we will be proposing a patch to tag all deliverables with a
> "queens-em" tag. After this point, no additional releases will be allowed.
>
> I took a quick look through our stable/queens deliverables, and there are
> several that look to have a sizable amount of patches landed that have not been
> released. Elod was super nice by including all of that for easy checking in [2]
> above.
>
> As part of Extended Maintenance, bugfixes can (and should) be cherry-picked to
> stable/queens. But once we enter Extended Maintenance, there won't be any
> official releases and it will be up to downstream consumers to pick up these
> fixes locally as they need them.
>
> So consider this a last call for stable/queens releases.
>
> Thanks!
> Sean

Thank you Elod and Sean. In Manila, we went through the exercise of
seeing if we missed out any bug fixes for stable/queens and addressed
most of them. However, there's one additional fix [1] due that would
be nice to get in. We hope to get that in in the next couple of days
and propose a final release with that commit hash. Hope that's okay..

Thanks,
Goutham

[1] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1845135