[ptl][release] Re: [stable][EM] Extended Maintenance - Queens

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Thu Oct 17 20:31:52 UTC 2019

On Wed, Oct 16, 2019 at 05:44:31PM +0000, Elõd Illés wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As it was agreed during PTG, the planned date of Extended Maintenance
> transition of Queens is around two weeks after Train release (a less
> busy period) [1]. Now that Train is released, it is a good opportunity
> for teams to go through the list of open and unreleased changes in
> Queens [2] and schedule a final release for Queens if needed. Feel free
> to use / edit / modify the lists (I've generated the lists for
> repositories which have 'follows-policy' tag). I hope this helps.
>
> [1] https://releases.openstack.org/
> [2] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/queens-final-release-before-em
>
> Thanks,
>
> Előd

Trying to amplify this.

The date for Queens to transition to Extended Maintenance is next week. Late in
the week we will be proposing a patch to tag all deliverables with a
"queens-em" tag. After this point, no additional releases will be allowed.

I took a quick look through our stable/queens deliverables, and there are
several that look to have a sizable amount of patches landed that have not been
released. Elod was super nice by including all of that for easy checking in [2]
above.

As part of Extended Maintenance, bugfixes can (and should) be cherry-picked to
stable/queens. But once we enter Extended Maintenance, there won't be any
official releases and it will be up to downstream consumers to pick up these
fixes locally as they need them.

So consider this a last call for stable/queens releases.

Thanks!
Sean