[cinder][tooz]Lock-files are remained

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Fri Oct 18 19:14:39 UTC 2019

> Hi,
>
> I've given it some more thought, and I am now on the side of those that
> argue that "something imperfect" is better than what we currently have,
> so maybe we can reach some sort of compromise doing the following:
>
> - Cleanup locks directory on node start

Didn't we determine this was not safe since multiple services can be configured
to use the same lock directory? In fact, that was the recommended configuration
I think when running Cinder and Nova services on the same node so os-brick
locks would actually work right (or something like that, it was awhile ago
now).

> - Remove locks on delete volume/snapshot operation
> - Remove locks on missing source on create volume (volume/snapshot)

+1