[all][tc][ptl] "Meet the project leaders" opportunities in Shanghai

Alexandra Settle a.settle at outlook.com
Mon Oct 7 08:40:01 UTC 2019

On Fri, 2019-10-04 at 18:07 +0000, Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> On 2019-10-04 12:52:34 -0500 (-0500), Eric Fried wrote:
> > > It would be good to have a rough idea of who will be available
> > > at each opportunity. To keep it simple, I created a sign-up
> > > sheet at:
> > >
> > > https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/meet-the-project-leaders
> >
> > If a PTL will not be present, is it acceptable to send a delegate?
>
> The goal, as I understand it, is to reinforce to attendees in China
> that OpenStack project leadership is accessible and achievable, by
> providing opportunities for them to be able to meet and speak
> in-person with a representative cross-section of our community
> leaders. Is that something which can be delegated? Seems to me it
> might convey the opposite of what's intended, but I don't know if my
> impression is shared by others.

That was indeed my intention with the initial idea proposal.
Conceptually, the meetup would be to break down any preconceived
notions that individuals may have.

Of course, that isn't to say that there aren't many leaders in the
community that don't hold an _official_ position. It's mostly to put a
face to a name, to create open communication channels. I'd say it's up
the the team's discretion as to whether or not they'd like to delegate
the presence at this meetup.

This meetup is not compulsory for anyone, so if you can't go, and can't
delegate, that is also fine.

--
Alexandra Settle <a.settle at outlook.com>
IRC: asettle