[largescale-sig] First meeting summary and next actions

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Wed Nov 27 13:22:56 UTC 2019

Hi everyone,

As announced in [1], the Large Scale SIG had its first IRC meeting
today. You can access summary and logs at:

http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/large_scale_sig/2019/large_scale_sig.2019-11-27-09.00.html

This meeting was mostly focused on agreeing on team logistics, and an
early discussion on short-term objectives for the group.

As a result of this meeting I created:

- Reference information about the SIG at
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Large_Scale_SIG

- A change formally proposing the SIG at https://review.opendev.org/696302

- Two etherpads to further refine our two initial ideas for SIG
short-term goals:

Scaling within one cluster, and instrumentation of the bottlenecks:
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/large-scale-sig-cluster-scaling

Document large scale configuration and tips &tricks:
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/large-scale-sig-documentation

Between now and next meeting, the idea is to validate those initial
documents, get the SIG formally set up, and refine those goals on those
two etherpads, ideally splitting them into early objectives and initial
steps.

Current proposal is to have our next meeting on Dec 18. Belmiro is
unfortunately not available on that week, but the week before amorin and
myself are not available, and the week(s) after are the end-of-year
holidays for some of us, so that is still probably the best date before
next year.

Cheers,

[1]
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2019-November/011062.html