[lists.openstack.org代发]Re: [dev] Upgrading flake8 to support f-strings

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Fri Nov 22 13:30:39 UTC 2019

On 2019-11-22 06:58:28 +0000 (+0000), Brin Zhang(张百林) wrote:
[...]
> I also like E, but can we not update with flake8 every time, can
> we follow up with a stable version?

I don't understand, what's not stable? We managed to skip updating
it for several cycles, and now we're talking about how to deal with
the fact that we want to use newer Python constructs than the
version of flake8 we've been stuck on for years. But really, we've
said in the past that we should take the opportunity at the start of
every development cycle (for Ussuri that's ~now) to globally
increase the versions of static analysis tools we're relying on as a
community and then freeze them for the remainder of the cycle. To
me, that's as "stable" as makes sense.

> In addition to the bug update, there will be a feature update, so
> is nova going to be updated?
[...]

I don't know what you mean here either. Bug update where? Feature
update where? Update Nova how?
--
Jeremy Stanley