[RabbitMQ][cinder] Listen to messages

Blom, Merlin, NMU-OI merlin.blom at bertelsmann.de
Fri Nov 15 09:13:20 UTC 2019

Hey there,

it seems to me as if ask.openstack.org is down, so I ask my question here:

I'd like to listen to oslo messages from cinder as I do for neutron and
octavia to know what is going on.

For me the following code worked for neutron:

EXCHANGE_NAME = os.getenv('EXCHANGE_NAME', 'neutron')

ROUTING_KEY = os.getenv('ROUTING_KEY', 'notifications.info')

QUEUE_NAME = os.getenv('QUEUE_NAME', 'messaging_queue')

BROKER_URI = os.getenv('BROKER_URI', 'UNDEFINED')

BROKER_PASSWORD = os.getenv('BROKER_PASSWORD', '')

class Messages(ConsumerMixin):

    def __init__(self, connection):

        self.connection = connection

        return

def get_consumers(self, consumer, channel):

        exchange = Exchange(EXCHANGE_NAME, type="topic", durable=False)

        queue = Queue(QUEUE_NAME, exchange, routing_key=ROUTING_KEY,
durable=False, auto_delete=True, no_ack=True)

        return [consumer(queues=[queue], callbacks=[self.on_message])]

    def on_message(self, body, message):

        try:

            print(message)

        except Exception as e:

            log.info(repr(e))

if __name__ == "__main__":

    log.info("Connecting to broker {}".format(BROKER_URI))

    with BrokerConnection(hostname=BROKER_URI, userid='messaging',
password=BROKER_PASSWORD,

                          virtual_host='/'+EXCHANGE_NAME,

                          heartbeat=4, failover_strategy='round-robin') as
connection:

        Messaging(connection).run()

        BrokerConnection.connection.close()

But on the cinder vhost (/cinder)

I can't find an exchange that the code is working on. (cinder,
cinder-backup, .)

I tried using the rabbitmq tracer:  <https://www.rabbitmq.com/firehose.html>
https://www.rabbitmq.com/firehose.html

And got all the cinder messages but I don't want to use it in production
because of performance issues.

Does anyone have an idea how to find the correct exchange for the
notification info queue in cinder?

Cheers,

Merlin