[nova][ptg] Flavor explosion

Brin Zhang(张百林) zhangbailin at inspur.com
Fri Nov 15 06:58:03 UTC 2019

Hi all,
        The patch link is https://review.opendev.org/#/c/663563

        Rename the bp name from "add-flavor-metadata-or-metadata-group" to "resources-metadata-of-instance", because it not only can compose the extra specs from the *flavor* (current status), and it can be compose the vcpu, ram and disk, I think call this is resource metadata is ok, if you have some suggestion please leave a comment.
        About the model design, there will be add two DB table in the nova api DB:
        a) Add "resources_metadata" to record the composable bits, as following fields:
      - id(int),create_at,updated_at,deleted_at, name, rules, description and deleted fields
          Saved format like this:
      {
          "cpu_pinning": {
              "hw:cpu_policy": "shared",
              "hw:cpu_thread_policy": "require"
          }
     }
     If there is one spec that you need, you can set it in the rules as {"key": value}, it means like this:
         {
         "mem_huge_page": {
             "hw:mem_page_size": "1GB"
         }
     }
        b) Add "resources_metadata_mapping" to record the composable bits used by which instance, as following fields:
      - created_at, updated_at,deleted_at, id(int), resources_md_id, instance_uuid and deleted fields.

        With b, we have another alternative way, it was wrote in the "Alternatives" in the SPEC, it means add a column to the ``instance_medata`` table,
        but, this way we should separate the rule in the "resources_metadata" to one by one to save. This way will change the existing data table structure,
    I am not sure if this will affect some of the features of the instance. (more details you can review this SPEC)

        We can get all the metadata used by an instance (instance_uuid) through the "resources_metadata_mapping" table easily.