[ptg][nova][cinder] x-p meeting minutes
sbauza at redhat.com
Tue Nov 12 14:07:05 UTC 2019
Excerpts taken from https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/shanghai-ptg-cinder
We discussed two items :
1/ Improving replication
- When a failover happens volumes are no longer usable in Nova.
- Nova should start re-attaching volumes after a failover?
- Why can't we detach and attach the volume? Data that is in flight
would be lost.
- Question about boot from volume. In that case the instance is dead
anyway because access to the volume has been lost.
- Could go through the shutdown, detach, attach, reboot path.
- Problem is that detach is going to fail. Need to force it or handle
- We aren't sure that Nova will allow a detach of a boot volume.
- Also don't currently have a force detach API.
- AGREE: Need to figure out how to pass the force to os-brick to detach
volume and when rebooting a volume.
2/ Nova bug for images created from encrypted volumes
- Nova is not creating a new key for encrypted images but the deletion
policy metadata can allow a key to be deleted wehn it is still in use by
other images or even volumes
- Nova needs to clone the keys when doing create image.
- The nova team thinks that we have found a bug that needs to be fixed.
We just need to open a bug.
- ACTION Cinder to open a bug against Nova. (can you also ping lyarwood
when it's open?)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the openstack-discuss