[tripleo][openstack-ansible] collaboration on os_tempest role update 21 - May 09, 2019

Chandan kumar chkumar246 at gmail.com
Thu May 9 12:30:55 UTC 2019

Hello,

Here is the 21th update (Apr 24 to May 09, 2019) on collaboration
on os_tempest[1] role between TripleO and OpenStack-Ansible projects.

Due to Denver Train PTG, we have skipped the last week report.

Highlights of Update 21:
* We removed install_test_requirements flag in os_tempest as all the tempest
  plugins have their requirements specified in requirements.txt, so let's use
  that instead of using test_requirements.txt also.
* All the upstream TripleO CI standalone base, scenario1-4 and puppet standalone
  jobs are running tempest using os_tempest.

Thanks to Arx for porting jobs to os_tempest and odyssey4me for bring back the
gate alive.

>From Denver Train PTG:
Wes made a nice os_tempest tripleo asci video:
https://asciinema.org/a/rm7LDAs6RAR1xh7oQrp07LaeR
OSA project update from summit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZet1uNAr_o&t=868s
Things got merged:
os_tempest:
* Remove install_test_requirements flag - https://review.opendev.org/657778
* Temporarily set bionic job to non-voting - https://review.opendev.org/657833

os_cinder:
* Set glance_api_version=2 in cinder.conf - https://review.opendev.org/653308

Tripleo:
* Enable os_tempest in baremetal-full-overcloud-validate playbook -
https://review.opendev.org/652983
* Set gather_facts to false while calling tempest playbook -
https://review.opendev.org/653702
* Port tripleo-ci-centos-7-scenario001-standalone to os_tempest -
https://review.opendev.org/655870
* Port scenario002-standalone-master to os_tempest -
https://review.opendev.org/656259
* Port puppet-keystone-tripleo-standalone to os_tempest -
https://review.opendev.org/656474
* Port puppet-swift-tripleo-standalone to os_tempest -
https://review.opendev.org/656481
* Port puppet-nova-tripleo-standalone to os_tempest -
https://review.opendev.org/656480
* Port puppet-neutron-tripleo-standalone job to os_tempest -
https://review.opendev.org/656479
* Switch scenario003-standalone job to use os_tempest -
https://review.opendev.org/656290
* Port scenario004-standalone-master to os_tempest -
https://review.opendev.org/656291
* Port puppet-horizon-tripleo-standalone to os_tempest -
https://review.opendev.org/656758
* Port puppet-cinder-tripleo-standalone to os_tempest -
https://review.opendev.org/656752
* Port puppet-glance-tripleo-standalone to os_tempest -
https://review.opendev.org/656753
* Port standalone job to os_tempest - https://review.opendev.org/656748

Things in progress:
os_tempest:
* Replace tempestconf job with aio_distro_metal-tempestconf job -
https://review.opendev.org/657359
* Update openstack.org -> opendev.org - https://review.opendev.org/654942
* Make smoke tests as a default whitelist tests -
https://review.opendev.org/652060

on TripleO/OSA side, we will be working on enabling heat tempest plugin support.

Here is the 20th update [2]. Have queries, Feel free to ping us on
#tripleo or #openstack-ansible channel.

Links:
[1.] http://opendev.org/openstack/openstack-ansible-os_tempest
[2.] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2019-April/005563.html