[tripleo][openstack-ansible] collaboration on os_tempest role update XX - Apr 24, 2019

Chandan kumar chkumar246 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 07:52:18 UTC 2019

Hello,

Here is the 20th update (Apr 17 to Apr 23, 2019) on collaboration
on os_tempest[1] role between TripleO and OpenStack-Ansible projects.

Highlights of the week:
* os_tempest got support of novajoin tempest plugin.
* During stein branching on OSA side, we found that tempest_git_repo
is not defined
  thanks to Jesse Pretorius (odyssey4me) and mnaser for fixing it.

Things got merged:
os_tempest:
* Enable support for novajoin tempest plugin -
https://review.openstack.org/652986
* Only add tempest/tempestconf git constraints *_git_repo is defined -
https://review.opendev.org/653690

Things in Progress:
os_tempest:
* Make smoke tests as a default whitelist tests -
https://review.openstack.org/652060
* Update openstack.org -> opendev.org - https://review.opendev.org/654942

tripleo:
* Enable os_tempest in baremetal-full-overcloud-validate playbook -
https://review.openstack.org/652983
* Run novajoin tempest tests in all TLS job using os_tempest -
https://review.openstack.org/639324
* Add documentation for consuming os_tempest role -
https://review.opendev.org/#/c/654406/

What is coming?
On TripleO side, we will be working on porting all upstream standalone tripleo
jobs to os_tempest.
We will be continue working on current os_tempest patches.

Here is the 19th update [2]. Have queries, Feel free to ping us on
#tripleo or #openstack-ansible channel.

Links:
[1.] http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/openstack-ansible-os_tempest
[2.] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2019-April/005256.html