[infra][dev] Options for upcoming git:// to https:// transition

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Tue Mar 26 15:34:36 UTC 2019

On 2019-03-26 10:01:25 -0500 (-0500), Ghanshyam Mann wrote:
[...]
> if links modification is in any library (something on code side)
> then, should not we release that lib and bump the min version(low
> constraint)? otherwise, it fails when project gate
> jobs/installation install that lib with an older version which use
> old url?

About the only places I can imagine this could be necessary is
deployment projects which perform deployment from source and default
to retrieving source code from our Git service by default. If any of
those projects are using classic git protocol over 9418/tcp instead
of HTTP/HTTPS then they will likely want to perform some point
releases prior to April 19. I strongly doubt any of these are
tracked in global requirements or constraints files, so there
shouldn't be knock-on effects.

> I was reviewing openstack-dev/hacking changes [1]  when this
> question strikes me but hacking change is just in tests so we are
> ok there.

[...]

Yeah, as you say, this one isn't really an example of the possible
class of problem you're describing.
--
Jeremy Stanley